- 170g lean lamb such as eye fillet or lamb leg
- 3Tb olive oil
- 2tb lemon juice
- 2tsp light agave
- 1tsp grated lemon
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp ground coriander
- One medium tomato small dice
- 1 medium cucumber small dice
- 1 Tb finely chopped onion
- 1 cup of equal parts fresh coriander, flat parsley and mint roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers soaked in water over night to prevent burning while on the BBQ or pan.
For yogurt sauce:
- 3Tb plain yogurt
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of grated cucumber
- 1 tsp finely chopped preserved lemon(available at most food markets, if not substitute lemon peel)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Mix the first 7 ingredients and allow it to marinate for at least 20min. Evenly distribute the meat on 6 skewers.
- Mix the onion, tomato, cucumber and herbs along with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- On a very hot BBQ or pan, pour a small amount of olive oil and place the skewers carefully to cook being careful not to overcrowd if using a pan.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt, paprika, lemon, salt and grated cucumber and mix well. Check the skewers and get a nice char on all sides of the skewers about 5 mins total. Take them off and let them rest 3 min. Careful not to over cook. They should be somewhat firm but still tender and pink inside.
- Place in a plate and add the tomato and cucumber mix on top of the skewers along with the yogurt dip on the side. Accompany with some fresh whole wheat pita or just in its own.